Weekly Update (May 8, 2017)
- contact with two people who will be very informative for my research project
- found and requested some archival material that I've really been trying hard to find
- talked to my adviser about scheduling a meeting so that I can get back on track with my ethics committee review and my interviews for the dissertation.
- started to write an extensive "Previous Research" section - a good way, I think, of getting into my own writing. (It helps me outline my own project)
- attended a "kicking off your writing session" at NYU. Writing a summary of that event...
Parts, as I'm conceptualizing them now:
- 1. historiographic: why are these male-identified performers not SEEN? They're there, in the photos and other media; yet their bodies are not read as desirable. Sometimes on the part of the performers, but most often on part of critics and historiographers.
- 2. history: writing the very history of the performers who we see on the stage now. Ending in a discussion about the ways we have now of documenting the performances in digital media, but also problematizing it.
- meeting about the OJS installation of lambda nordica. I feel confident that I will be able to finish this project soon. It has been way too long now.
- Scholars: excited about so many things that we're doing. You'll see the results from this soon.
- Trying to get my blogging going. We'll see how that goes. I have a couple of topics ready to go. (At the very least, a couple of summaries/recaps of events I have been to/organized).